Quantcast

BFO detectors ---

joeclark
went out yesterday with a friend---I was using my goldbug pro det.---I know that the goldbug will find tiny targets, but I didn't find anything--my friend was using a BFO det. and was finding all sorts of things, all around me--- I believe that there is something special about these old BFO's ??????

Re: BFO detectors ---

Joe Ranger
....No target masking on the old BFO's....and if you friend is using a very stable one...he can almost do miracles with it compared to the newer detectors...also no Iffy signals ....it either responds Positively or it Nulls out.....and he can choose to dig the Positive or Both types of signals .....I think that I may pull out my old Sidewinder and see what I can do with it......really good Relic Hunter with the 12 inche coil that I can ReCall.....
COMPASS: COIN MAGNUM, JUDGE1, JUDGE 2, XP-PRO, XP-350, GOLD SCANNER, RM1,RM6,RM7, MAGNUM 220, 240, 320, 420.... TESORO: GOLDEN SABRE II, SILVER SABRE, ORIGINAL LOBO... GARRETT: SIDEWINDER (BFO), original HUNTER (BFO), DEEPSEEKER, DEEKSEEKER ADS, GROUNDHOG, GROUNDHOG ADS, AT4, AT-PRO, GTP 1350, ORIGINAL SEAHUNTER PULSE INDUCTION.....WILSON: RARE HYBRID DAYTONA II/RANGAR.....MINELAB: SOVEREIGN ELITE, XT 17000

Re: BFO detectors ---

Joe Ranger
...If you get a BFO...make sure that it is in Good Working order...I know that Garrett will Not repair them anymore...mainly because the parts are Not available anymore...Not sure if Keith can fix these or Not??....I have a good working Garrett Sidewinder BFO that I would Never Part with......
COMPASS: COIN MAGNUM, JUDGE1, JUDGE 2, XP-PRO, XP-350, GOLD SCANNER, RM1,RM6,RM7, MAGNUM 220, 240, 320, 420.... TESORO: GOLDEN SABRE II, SILVER SABRE, ORIGINAL LOBO... GARRETT: SIDEWINDER (BFO), original HUNTER (BFO), DEEPSEEKER, DEEKSEEKER ADS, GROUNDHOG, GROUNDHOG ADS, AT4, AT-PRO, GTP 1350, ORIGINAL SEAHUNTER PULSE INDUCTION.....WILSON: RARE HYBRID DAYTONA II/RANGAR.....MINELAB: SOVEREIGN ELITE, XT 17000

Re: BFO detectors ---

2dogs
Joe Ranger wrote
...If you get a BFO...make sure that it is in Good Working order...I know that Garrett will Not repair them anymore...mainly because the parts are Not available anymore...Not sure if Keith can fix these or Not??....I have a good working Garrett Sidewinder BFO that I would Never Part with......
I have Garrett's first BFO Discriminator that doesn't work and about 2 years ago I contacted Keith about repairing it and he told me to send it to him so he could look at it, but he couldn't guarantee he could repair it but he would try.  This would cost more than it's worth but sure would be nice to have it working again.