Quantcast

Battery Cover

Alaska Bob
Does anyone know where I can find a battery cover for my 77B?

Thanks, Alaska Bob
I like Vintage Electronics, Classic Cars, Judge Judy, My Guns, Hellboy & my Cat; "Flying Tiger" *** Dislikes:  Thieves, Liars, Drunks, Crazies, Commies & Cat Haters, and not in any Particular Order!

Re: Battery Cover

K. Wills
They have been gone now for 15 years. I found two several years ago from a old dealer and bought them, long gone now. Good luck, I'm interested too if you find a lot of them somewhere. I have stripped them all off the 200 or so old Compass unit I have in my storage building. It is really the most valuable item on the older units today. Keith

Re: Battery Cover

Alaska Bob
Thanks for the reply, I wonder if some can be made, doesn't look complicated.  If I ship this one to you is it worth a tune-up?  I have the 12 inch coil only.
Thanks again,
Alaska Bob, lives in California
I like Vintage Electronics, Classic Cars, Judge Judy, My Guns, Hellboy & my Cat; "Flying Tiger" *** Dislikes:  Thieves, Liars, Drunks, Crazies, Commies & Cat Haters, and not in any Particular Order!

Re: Battery Cover

SandMan
I went to a lot of trouble once to line someone up with one, and a Bunch of good parts.

The parts "and" battery cover went for $22 and some change.

The guy I was helping blew it some how.

"No good deed goes unpunished".........LOL

Here's that post

http://compass-metal-detector-forum.548136.n2.nabble.com/Judge-Coil-Question-td7580400.html#a7580676

Next time "I'll" do the watching and the bidding and go from there.

Re: Battery Cover

JoeRanger
...Alaska Bob...you could try to find an old Compass that is not working and just salvage the battery door offf of it...make sure of course that it does have the door....another quick fix ...is to find a flat piece of plastic ...cut it so that it laps over the door area then attach it with  black electrical tape.....another solution is to cut a flat piece of aluminun so that it also laps over the door and drill holes so that it can be attached with a small screw....use the self tightening barn roof type screws but these need to be small....

Re: Battery Cover

Alaska Bob
Sounds like I may just have to make one or a bunch if there is a market.  A junker, I think mine is one step above, think it needs a tune-up, otherwise a good machine.
Thanks Joe, Alaska Bob

Re: Battery Cover

Alaska Bob
Every time I find a Compass on eBay they always go for a lot.  Even local on CL they want a bunch of money.
Thanks Alaska Bob