Quantcast

Compass Coin Magnum

Jeff (ca)
Here are a few pics of my Coin Magnum with the 12" coil.

Re: Compass Coin Magnum

Joe Ranger
...Jeff...Have you had this detector for a long time or is it New to you??...You only have the 12 inch coil??....Do you also have the 8 inch coil??......If it is New to you...this is Not the easiest detector to learn to use with the Standard coil...with the 12 inch coil ...it would be even harder to learn......If you plan to keep it....I would advise getting the 8 inch coil.......HH.......Joe
COMPASS: COIN MAGNUM, JUDGE 2, XP-PRO, TESORO: TOLTEC II, BANDIDO, GARRETT: SIDEWINDER, original HUNTER, DEEPSEEKER, GROUNDHOG, GOLD HUNTER, WILSON: ATD, RANGAR.....

Re: Compass Coin Magnum

Jeff (ca)
Joe, I got this detector at the same time I got the 94 IB. I have the 8" coil also. I have been detecting since the late 60's so the learning curve should'nt be to bad. I just have'nt decided if I want to keep either one.   Jeff

Re: Compass Coin Magnum

Joe Ranger
.....Oh Yea .....Nice Detector......goes deep without Motion.....Joe
COMPASS: COIN MAGNUM, JUDGE 2, XP-PRO, TESORO: TOLTEC II, BANDIDO, GARRETT: SIDEWINDER, original HUNTER, DEEPSEEKER, GROUNDHOG, GOLD HUNTER, WILSON: ATD, RANGAR.....

Re: Compass Coin Magnum

SandMan
Very Cool, nice pictures.

Re: Compass Coin Magnum

Joe Ranger
......The Coin Magnum is a very Unique detector.....it may be the only one that can be set to ignore small iron.....and this is by Not using the Discriminator circuit.....when this detector was New .....one of the biggest complaints was of it being set for Coins Only and then still finding deep nails....thru a lot of useage and experimentation...I learned how to use the 10-turn Ground Control to ignore small iron nails...if you do not like digging shallow pulltabs....you can set the discriminator to eliminate pulltabs and then using it this way.....one can ignore small iron plus eliminate shallow pulltabs and other junk....and basically one can just concentrate on the deeper signals which in this set-up would be small brass and deep coins......including Nickels and Jewelry.....Now I have been told that using the detector this way kinda keeps it off-balance and probably will suffer some depth......but for all of the benefits ......to me it is worth it.....HH..........Joe
COMPASS: COIN MAGNUM, JUDGE 2, XP-PRO, TESORO: TOLTEC II, BANDIDO, GARRETT: SIDEWINDER, original HUNTER, DEEPSEEKER, GROUNDHOG, GOLD HUNTER, WILSON: ATD, RANGAR.....

Re: Compass Coin Magnum

Jeff (ca)
Some very interesting info! Thank you for sharing that Joe. If I decide to to keep the Coin Magnum, I am going to hafta find a manual for it.   Jeff