Quantcast

Compass Depth Doubler

SandMan

Re: Compass Depth Doubler

BUDDY
This post was updated on .
I don't need this accessory when I got the added 'Power Level Control' on my Compass Challenger X-200.

I suppose it could help those who feel they need a BOOST

Re: Compass Depth Doubler

Joe Ranger
...My mentor back in the 70's gave this invention/idea to Compass....Anyone could make one....my mentor mounted on plywood all of the components.....except for the brass rods and electric wire.....all one needs is a generator....attached to it was a small gasoline engine ...the generator sent a charge down the wires to the brass rods.....I think that my mentor let it charge the ground for around 15 to 20 minutes....then he would get out his metal detector and see what he could find that was not reachable before....the idea came to him from hunting right after a lightning strike when the ground is so responsive....
COMPASS: COIN MAGNUM, JUDGE 2, XP-PRO, TESORO: TOLTEC II, BANDIDO, GARRETT: SIDEWINDER, original HUNTER, DEEPSEEKER, GROUNDHOG, GOLD HUNTER, WILSON: ATD, RANGAR.....

Re: Compass Depth Doubler

Jerry (TX)
I bet you could fish with that...
Don't Look back something might be gaining on you
Satchell Paige

Re: Compass Depth Doubler

K. Wills
We did an extensive test here in East Texas soil and it proved that it did work great. I would say we could find coins about 2 to 4 inches deeper. We scanned the old field that once was a competion field some 12 years before and we cover an area very very close and worked it in all directions until we recieve no signals at all, the we used the Compass Depth Doubler for about 30 minutes on the area, turned it off and recovered some 30 more coins we could not hear before and each of them was out of the depth range of our detectors. It works, but soil conditions may vary it's preformance. East Texas sandy soil it worked great. Keith

Re: Compass Depth Doubler

baydigger
Hello Bay Digger here,

Couldn't you use one of those worm things that you stick 2 rods in the ground then put a charge to it and the worms practically jump out of the ground?

Happy Digging,
Happy Digging  **I'm the Bay Digger ** I dig San Francisco Bay

I use my Compass Yukon 77B pro, 12" Coil ** Whites IDX Pro, Black Max 9.5" Coil ** Whites CM 6000Di Ser 3,  8" & 12" Coils ** Fisher Gold Bug Original Los Banos, 5" X 10" Elliptical Coil ** Bullseye 1 & Bullseye ll ** Digging Tools & Extra Strength Tylenol!

Re: Compass Depth Doubler

K. Wills
I guess you could, I have even heard of folks using a car battery to do something like that or maybe a crank type telephone. Keith