Quantcast

Compass Relic Magnum 7A for sale

Moe

Compass Relic Magnum 7A for sale

Moe
This post was updated on .
Nice metal detector and coils.  He revised his listing.
http://syracuse.craigslist.org/spo/2866844470.html
WORD UP!  I speak my mind when it comes to the older metal detectors.

Re: Compass Relic Magnum 7A for sale

ArfieBoy
Interesting!  He is selling one detector and describing it as another.  Price seems a little high to me, but I guess if someone is willing to pay that much to get it, so be it.
Challenger X-70, Challenger X-80, Challenger X-90, Challenger X-100,  Challenger X-200, Coin Scanner Pro II, Judge 2 Auto
Moe

Yes,he is high.  He has one of the last RM 7A series with the later design Compass coils with decals.  I'm just not a big VLF/TR fan.
WORD UP!  I speak my mind when it comes to the older metal detectors.

Re: Compass Relic Magnum 7A for sale

Joe Ranger
...... I do not think that it is a 7A...looks like a 7B to me....anyway the gray coils were only equipped on detectors that were made close to the  end of Compass.....so it should be a 7B....Joe
COMPASS: COIN MAGNUM, JUDGE1, JUDGE 2, XP-PRO, XP-350, GOLD SCANNER, RM1,RM6,RM7, MAGNUM 220, 240, 320, 420.... TESORO: GOLDEN SABRE II, SILVER SABRE, ORIGINAL LOBO... GARRETT: SIDEWINDER (BFO), original HUNTER (BFO), DEEPSEEKER, DEEKSEEKER ADS, GROUNDHOG, GROUNDHOG ADS, AT4, AT-PRO, GTP 1350, ORIGINAL SEAHUNTER PULSE INDUCTION.....WILSON: RARE HYBRID DAYTONA II/RANGAR.....MINELAB: SOVEREIGN ELITE, XT 17000

Re: Compass Relic Magnum 7A for sale

Melbeta
Joe Ranger wrote
...... I do not think that it is a 7A...looks like a 7B to me....anyway the gray coils were only equipped on detectors that were made close to the  end of Compass.....so it should be a 7B....Joe
Joe, I have a question. How do you  "identify" and describe the 7B version??? I had never actually heard of a Relic Magnum 7b model before!

Is it because it has white print on the case of the detector, as well as the Compass logo image is now brown?

I definitely know that the gray coils came out at the ending of the Magnum/Relic Magnum/Coin Magnum series.

If so, with the white letters and brown Compass Logo, that is exactly how I identify and describe the final version of the Compass Judge 2 automatic unit...
Melbeta

...Well this may not be official....there is a version that has the Metal connectors .....and the latter version has the plastic connectors....there are probably other differences that I am not aware of......Anyway looking at Pic's from the original ad there is No Reference to a 7A or 7B just says Relic Magnum 7....so not sure where Use-It got the Heading that says 7A in it........but I have heard references for the Relic Magnum 7 before especially on Ebay being either a 7A or 7B.................Joe
COMPASS: COIN MAGNUM, JUDGE1, JUDGE 2, XP-PRO, XP-350, GOLD SCANNER, RM1,RM6,RM7, MAGNUM 220, 240, 320, 420.... TESORO: GOLDEN SABRE II, SILVER SABRE, ORIGINAL LOBO... GARRETT: SIDEWINDER (BFO), original HUNTER (BFO), DEEPSEEKER, DEEKSEEKER ADS, GROUNDHOG, GROUNDHOG ADS, AT4, AT-PRO, GTP 1350, ORIGINAL SEAHUNTER PULSE INDUCTION.....WILSON: RARE HYBRID DAYTONA II/RANGAR.....MINELAB: SOVEREIGN ELITE, XT 17000

Re: Compass Relic Magnum 7A for sale

Joe Ranger
...Ok...re-looking at the Original ad....the seller listed it as a Relic Magnum 7 Automatic...so some people may identify the A for Automatic but that is Not what I meant ...I meant it as one of two different versions........................Joe
Moe

I assume the 'A' meant automatic.  I did state that this must be a last series RM 7 by the coils that are supplied.  I didn't know there was a 'B' designation?  This had to of been around 1983 or there abouts.  The last VLF/TR that I thought was last offered was the Magnum 240.

In a message dated 2/29/2012 10:39:32 AM Mountain Standard Time, [hidden email] writes:

...Well this may not be official....there is a version that has the Metal connectors .....and the latter version has the plastic connectors....there are probably other differences that I am not aware of......Anyway looking at Pic's from the original ad there is No Reference to a 7A or 7B just says Relic Magnum 7....so not sure where Use-It got the Heading that says 7A in it........but I have heard references for the Relic Magnum 7 before especially on Ebay being either a 7A or 7B.................Joe

Joe, I am glad you said that, as it is exactly what I believe. I know there were metal and black connectors also! I believe that someone probably created the 7a and 7b as designations, to stand for the differences in the connectors!!!

I bought a defective RM7 auto for a modest amount around a year ago, it does not say 7a either, says Relic Magnum 7 Automatic on it, but it has the white print on the case, and the brown Compass logo, and it has the black plastic connectors, on a 8" and 12" coil,, plus a 12" white coil, three coils total,
and I think it was the last issue too.

Will have to get busy and fix it so it will run. I have never seen one listed as 7a or 7b. but I think the "a" probably stands for "automatic". I have no material from Compass other than what I just told you. That "a" has to stand for "automatic"!
Melbeta

In a message dated 2/29/2012 10:58:24 AM Mountain Standard Time, [hidden email] writes:

I assume the 'A' meant automatic.  I did state that this must be a last series RM 7 by the coils that are supplied.  I didn't know there was a 'B' designation?  This had to of been around 1983 or there abouts.  The last VLF/TR that I thought was last offered was the Magnum 240.

I never heard of a 7a or 7b, just a Relic Magnum 7 Automatic, and there were two versions based upon the metal connectors and the black plastic connectors, and the black plastic connectors were the last issue. One will find both metal and plastic connectors on the gray/brown coils and also on the solid white coils. So it happened when there were still white coils and new gray/brown coils coming out, when the connectors were being changed over from metal connector to black plastic connectors, and that jives with my memory as well!

And yes, the Magnum 240 was the final issue of ALL of the magnum series, including the Magnum/Relic Magnum/Coin Magnum series!!! And the 240 is the HOTTEST of them all! Of all that I tested, it appeared to be the hottest of the magnum units... They began to have sales on the 240 series to close them out as the new challengers came out. I have those advs! The first of the 240 series that came out had solid white coils, then came the gray/brown coils, then began the black connectors, then began the closeouts of the 240 series.
Melbeta

Re: Compass Relic Magnum 7A for sale

Joe Ranger
...Melbeta...that is funny/ironic...I too bought a RM 7 about a year ago...it did not work so....I also got a bargain....hopefully it is repaired  soon...........Joe