Quantcast

Compass XP-350??

Joe Ranger
.....the one that was recently on feebay....did anyone here get it ??......I had a XP-450 should have kept it !!.....all of the XP's do excellent in iron trashy sites especially those where all of the buildings were torn down or burned down....where iron nails and other iron debri can be seen everywhere....this causes most detectors to Null out and hard to get any audio at all....the XP's use the Vari-Filter which is basically a 3 Filter detector .....it is like a cross between the 2 filter and 4 filter detectors.....as far as I can tell.... one can swing fast or swing slow ....it does not effect this detector.....Joe
COMPASS: COIN MAGNUM, JUDGE 2, XP-PRO, TESORO: TOLTEC II, BANDIDO, GARRETT: SIDEWINDER, original HUNTER, DEEPSEEKER, GROUNDHOG, GOLD HUNTER, WILSON: ATD, RANGAR.....

Re: Compass XP-350??

gliderpilot1234
Joe  could be i+++o     e+++0     e+++e    Who knows ???  It  would be nice to see one of our members use it   .Regards john
gliderpilot@kinect.co.nz    Compass models and whites model detectors

Re: Compass XP-350??

dixiedigger57
what did it sell for guys?????
have shovel-will dig  email dixiedigger57 @hotmail.com    Compass XP350, Whites MXT  5.3, 6x10 and 950 Eclipse Coils.  Tesoro Silver Sabre Plus,  ---Whites Bullseye Pinpointer.   and a bunch of digging stuff!

Re: Compass XP-350??

Paul (Ca)
Joe,

That was a nice XP-350, Good unit for iron trash.  I think the XP-450 you sold or traded eventually made it's way to my collection, Picked it up from tmanly a year or two back. That too is a nice unit, But not as crisp on separation as the XP-350 if I remember correctly.  Will have to test both together again and see if they have differences, They were close but I remember the EP-350 having an edge.

Paul (Ca)

Re: Compass XP-350??

Paul (Ca)
This post was updated on .
Carey, The XP-350 on eBay sold for $275.00, Came with detector bag, headset and owners manual.

Very nice unit went for a good price, Hopefully to a good home as well.

Take care,
Paul (Ca)

Re: Compass XP-350??

dixiedigger57
Paul --i took mine out the other day for a few minutes with guru in an iron trash dump of a place, actually a dump covered under a park. . popped a few coins and lead pieces.  he was using a Compadre with smallest coil to cherry pick, and it was spitting and sputtering on the iron fiercely. it sees it and he can hear it. the Compass cruised it silently. and found the same targets with ease. he or i would find a target and see if both machines would hit it. i cranked mine to just past nails and hunted in mainly silence.  he listened to spit and sputter.  he is a relic hunter extraordinare with many machines.  in these dumps we use amigo II's or compadres.  the xp350 handled it quite well.

...... Paul....I am glad that you was the one who eventually got my XP-450....I know that it is in good hands.....the main reason that I sold it was because it was just tooooo similar to my XP-Pro.....always wanted the XP-350 was told it has more ZIP and is more sensitive than the XP-450 and XP-Pro.....I have two of the XP-Pro's ....does not hurt to have an exact back up....with these machines getting older it is just wise to have a 2nd detector for parts.....but I lucked out my 2nd XP-Pro is probably in better condition than my 1st one.....anyway.....for Relic Hunting....the XP-350 is a great detector....I tend not to pay any attention to the TID meter (on the Pro) so a TID Meter for relic hunting is not needed and may actually be a hindrance.......this is the ideal detector to use in a ghost town site.......nails are everywhere so a lot of Nulling occurs ....some detectors are totally useless in this type of environment....Joe

....I think that a lot of the Compass detectors are getting Premium Prices....mainly because the Word is out....if you want a used detector....the Compass will Not let you down....Joe
COMPASS: COIN MAGNUM, JUDGE 2, XP-PRO, TESORO: TOLTEC II, BANDIDO, GARRETT: SIDEWINDER, original HUNTER, DEEPSEEKER, GROUNDHOG, GOLD HUNTER, WILSON: ATD, RANGAR.....

Re: Compass XP-350??

fish'n 4silver
I believe Joe is right BIG TIME about the word being out on Compass machines because
when I registered to this Forum all I had was an XP 350. Now I own a Fleet of Compass
machines. I have watched these machines sky rocket in price on the BAY just in the last year.
It's amazing the prices these top machines are bringing in. By the way, I just picked up
a Compass Liberty 150 and will add it to my Collection. I am wondering if this machine is a
proto-type machine that would have been given to Compass Field testers way back when?
I have read up a little on them and it seems they are along the Scanner series line that runs
at 13.77khz but with less punch than a Scanner but yet deadly in Iron!!! I am thinking
my Scanner coils will work with this unit even though it comes with a coil. COMPASS ROCKS ON!!!
fish'n4 silver

Re: Compass XP-350??

Joe Ranger
.....Fish'N.....glad that you was the one that got that Proto-Type Liberty 150 !!....When you get it will you please investigate the toggle switch that is near the coil connector??....the seller speculated that it may have been a frequency shift control but he was not absolutely sure??!!...also there is a small hole in the metal casing that is also in that same area...we speculated that it was some kind of adjustment control ??.....Glad that you got it.....Joe

thanks Paul.  sounds good for both sides.  i think they bring more across the pond.  unique machine.
have shovel-will dig  email dixiedigger57 @hotmail.com    Compass XP350, Whites MXT  5.3, 6x10 and 950 Eclipse Coils.  Tesoro Silver Sabre Plus,  ---Whites Bullseye Pinpointer.   and a bunch of digging stuff!

Re: Compass XP-350??

dixiedigger57
took my xp350 back out at lunch- in old park where the winos gather. trash city but i have had some good finds. its so wet you can finger dig if want- mud soup. i found about twenty coins- none old but due to coloration had been buried a while. i ran the thing almost full disc just for giggles and still found the coins and a few oddities like a headphone plug that was chromed, an aluminum disc, old brass broken off sprinkler head.  i set it back some and the tabs came rolling in, so i know the disc is right on it. decent depth on the targets, and running smooth.  i am learning to de-tune i believe its called when pinpointing- and that helps.  re hit the pinpoint over the target and then apply it again and it narrows it down to where its at.

its an enjoyable machine.