Quantcast

Compass

beau
my other Compass detectors007, 112

Re: Compass

beau
also007

Re: Compass

beau
better photo113

Re: Compass

baydigger
Hello Bay Digger here,

Didn't they pass a law that you can only own 6 Vintage Compass Detectors? LOL. You have more Compass detectors than Sand Man has Tesoro's!

Beautiful collection, I'm envious.

Do you have any spare battery compartment doors for a Yukon?

Happy Digging
Happy Digging  **I'm the Bay Digger ** I dig San Francisco Bay

I use my Compass Yukon 77B pro, 12" Coil ** Whites IDX Pro, Black Max 9.5" Coil ** Whites CM 6000Di Ser 3,  8" & 12" Coils ** Fisher Gold Bug Original Los Banos, 5" X 10" Elliptical Coil ** Bullseye 1 & Bullseye ll ** Digging Tools & Extra Strength Tylenol!

Re: Compass

beau
No I don't, I got door parts from Keith.

Re: Compass

Jerry (TX)
Wow, You got a world class stable of Green.
Nice collection, I'm envious
Don't Look back something might be gaining on you
Satchell Paige

Re: Compass

beau
Thanks, just have a soft spot for Compass detectors

Re: Compass

pinpointer
I like how you store your older Compass detectors. Also on the second photo....looks like a neat half-pick digging tool (bottom of photo). Thanks for sharing

Re: Compass

beau
It's a pickaroon, used for snagging and pulling wood, like the digging tool idea though. That one is aluminum head with iron piont, most are iron heads.

Re: Compass

Patriot
Very nice collection beau,

Many of those pictured are getting harding to find, glad to see you managed to find these.

Plus, It shows you have a sincere joy for collecting Compass. I hope you continue to share more with us in the future, a pleasure for us as well.

Patriot

Re: Compass

beau
Thanks, not pictured is Compass headphones and the 77 Auto Legend.

Re: Compass

ArfieBoy
Nice photos, Beau!  That's a great collection!  What are your three Challengers?  I can't quite make out the numbers on them?  I have several Compass detectors, but mine aren't as old as yours!
Challenger X-70, Challenger X-80, Challenger X-90, Challenger X-100,  Challenger X-200, Coin Scanner Pro II, Judge 2 Auto

Re: Compass

beau
the x-70 looked like it had no minutes on it  when I got it, just mint, even had the plastic plug in the headphone socket
111

Re: Compass

ArfieBoy
Wow!  Sounds like you got a new X-70!  I bought my X-70 new in 1984.  Still use it occasionally and it still works great!
Challenger X-70, Challenger X-80, Challenger X-90, Challenger X-100,  Challenger X-200, Coin Scanner Pro II, Judge 2 Auto

Re: Compass

beau
They all work good, the only one with a probem is the 77B Pro, when turned on the meter needle buries itself to the right and stays there. still functions but I think it must be shorting or the previous owner hooked something up wrong, so I don't like turning it on.

Re: Compass

Joe Ranger
.....Beau and Arfie Boy ....both of you have some great Compass Metal Detectors....it is good that a few of us are wise to save that part of Compass that appeals to us....in a few years even these may disappear......
COMPASS: COIN MAGNUM, JUDGE 2, XP-PRO, TESORO: TOLTEC II, BANDIDO, GARRETT: SIDEWINDER, original HUNTER, DEEPSEEKER, GROUNDHOG, GOLD HUNTER, WILSON: ATD, RANGAR.....

Re: Compass

Joe Ranger
....Beau....I am glad that you like to Save the Compass Green Can Metal Detectors....not that many people that save the old Compass detectors actually save the Green Can ones...me too ...most seem to acquire the Scanners and Challengers......
COMPASS: COIN MAGNUM, JUDGE 2, XP-PRO, TESORO: TOLTEC II, BANDIDO, GARRETT: SIDEWINDER, original HUNTER, DEEPSEEKER, GROUNDHOG, GOLD HUNTER, WILSON: ATD, RANGAR.....

Re: Compass

dixiedigger57
there is no cure for the Compass fever i am told--- its a pity someone cant revive the factory and make a few of the favorite set-ups with modern components lighter weight and battery options and bring the old to the new and make a bunch of dedicated folks happy--.

between Paul, arfie and beau i think they own half of the worlds supply!
have shovel-will dig  email dixiedigger57 @hotmail.com    Compass XP350, Whites MXT  5.3, 6x10 and 950 Eclipse Coils.  Tesoro Silver Sabre Plus,  ---Whites Bullseye Pinpointer.   and a bunch of digging stuff!

Re: Compass

beau
I like the green can  ones as much as the others. when new they all fascinated me and they still do today. When I turn them on now, after all this time and they still hum and beep I'm thrilled.