Quantcast

East Texas Metal Detectors

historymystery1
Greetings:

Several months ago I sent an email to Keith Wills from East TX Metal Detectors inquiring about repairs on my Compass Gold Scanner Pro machine.  I received a reply from Mr. Wills stating that he still does repairs and that he was recovering from an unknown illness resulting in a 3 month delay in turn-around time.  On January 31, 2012, I shipped out my detector via UPS to his business address at 1495 FM 49, Gilmer, TX 75644.  I received tracking confirmation that the machine arrived at his business on February 3, 2012.  Since that time I have sent several emails to Mr. Wills attention to confirm the arrival of my detector though I have not received any return emails.  Also, I have attempted to contact him by telephone and the business #903-734-7773 rings numerous times and a pre-recorded voice states "not taking any messages".

I have have purchased some items from Mr. Wills in the past which resulted in a positive experience.  I'm concerned that his health may have taken a turn for the worse.  I'm also concerned that I have $700.00 invested in that machine which can't be replaced.  Does anyone have any current information on Mr. Wills and or East Texas Metal Detectors.  Thank you for your assistance.

historymysteryman
Moe

Re: East Texas Metal Detectors

Moe
Hi Dave,
I talked with Keith last week.  He told me he had finished my last metal detector that needed repair.  An attempt was made to deliver them yesterday,but I missed the FedEx man(he didn't knock hard enough).
Keith is extremely busy with metal detector repairs and WWATS activities.  Not to mention seminars and other public functions.
Yes,he was ill for awhile and told me he is feeling better.  I told him that is what really matters the most!
He is also backed up a bit due to the older Fisher metal detector repairs.  From what I've heard...you would want Keith to repair your older Fisher!  Not the alternative...  In fact,I had to turn to Keith when a certain other brand tech didn't do the job right the first time.

If your tracking # indicates that your metal detector arrived at Gilmer,Texas...it's no doubt at Keiths.  I have never lost any of my metal detectors sent to him.

WORD UP!  I speak my mind when it comes to the older metal detectors.

Re: East Texas Metal Detectors

shortribs
I talked to Keith last week to see if he had recieved my friends detector as my friend sent the detector to him at his last address which he also sent a letter too. The letter came back as wrong address,but the detector got to keith as He stated this on the phone to me. I didn't know Keith was having a health problem all was said was he said he was 3 months behind on things I didn't ask why. I know he is really busy as always as the Texas treasure hunt and show is comming up in a few weeks etc.(If ya never been to one u are missing a bunch) they have siminars in hr blocks and the stuff they have on their tables will chill your bones from the finds they have made. I have been detecting 41 yrs and it always takes Keith about 6 weeks or longer to get a detector fixed and sent back,thats just normal timing for me as have had him repair my detectors for years.So 3 month looks like will be the turn around time.I know the anticipitation is real and a fella wants his detector fixed and returned right now but it doesn't happen that quick most times.Hang in their as I know what u are going thru. jmho.

Re: East Texas Metal Detectors

Joe Ranger
....I have known Keith for over 25 years or so....he may be sickly and may get behind....but if he told you that he would fix a detector....his word is gold.....just one needs to be patient....he does not have a crew who works around the clock like Garrett or Tesoro or Whites....as far as I know he is doing all of this himself.......his daughter use to help him but she got married and has a few of her own wild bunch to take care of ...and I think that he use to have an Assistant but ran into a lot of medical problems and had to quit.....in this day and age...it is getting harder to find anyone who will fix the older detectors...I know that Garrett and Minelab refuse to repair certain models of their line...or it may be detectors in their line-up that are 10 years old or older....... anyway it is better to wait to get one repaired than to Never get it repaired .......Joe
COMPASS: COIN MAGNUM, JUDGE 2, XP-PRO, TESORO: TOLTEC II, BANDIDO, GARRETT: SIDEWINDER, original HUNTER, DEEPSEEKER, GROUNDHOG, GOLD HUNTER, WILSON: ATD, RANGAR.....

Re: East Texas Metal Detectors

historymystery1
Howdy From RI.  Keith did get in touch with me and I'm sure that he is running to get caught up since his illness.  I  know that my machine is in good hands and no one is better at repairing Compass products that Keith.  Thanks.

David
historymysteryman
Moe

YOU SAID IT,BROTHA!
WORD UP!  I speak my mind when it comes to the older metal detectors.

Re: East Texas Metal Detectors

tmanly
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.