Quantcast

Fisher 553D & 555D Question

dusty
I have the 553 and there is a 555 on craigslist for $60.00 in working condition,so he says. Where he lives is an hour drive. Is there any major difference between the two.

Re: Fisher 553D & 555D Question

Joe Ranger
.......Dusty...the 555D has a toggle switch on the end of the U handle.....and I think that the 553D has the push button instead....any others differences would be minor......if it is in good working order ...that is an extremely good deal.....
COMPASS: COIN MAGNUM, JUDGE1, JUDGE 2, XP-PRO, XP-350, GOLD SCANNER, RM1,RM6,RM7, MAGNUM 220, 240, 320, 420.... TESORO: GOLDEN SABRE II, SILVER SABRE, ORIGINAL LOBO... GARRETT: SIDEWINDER (BFO), original HUNTER (BFO), DEEPSEEKER, DEEKSEEKER ADS, GROUNDHOG, GROUNDHOG ADS, AT4, AT-PRO, GTP 1350, ORIGINAL SEAHUNTER PULSE INDUCTION.....WILSON: RARE HYBRID DAYTONA II/RANGAR.....MINELAB: SOVEREIGN ELITE, XT 17000

........Forgot to mention that the toggle switch makes it as easy to switch between the VLF all metal mode and the TR discriminate mode.....
COMPASS: COIN MAGNUM, JUDGE1, JUDGE 2, XP-PRO, XP-350, GOLD SCANNER, RM1,RM6,RM7, MAGNUM 220, 240, 320, 420.... TESORO: GOLDEN SABRE II, SILVER SABRE, ORIGINAL LOBO... GARRETT: SIDEWINDER (BFO), original HUNTER (BFO), DEEPSEEKER, DEEKSEEKER ADS, GROUNDHOG, GROUNDHOG ADS, AT4, AT-PRO, GTP 1350, ORIGINAL SEAHUNTER PULSE INDUCTION.....WILSON: RARE HYBRID DAYTONA II/RANGAR.....MINELAB: SOVEREIGN ELITE, XT 17000

Re: Fisher 553D & 555D Question

Sven1
555 has retractable handle
Since you already have a 553, you'll like the 555.
It's worth it for the coil. Fisher no longer has any. I bought their last one about 5 years ago.
Your Portal to the Past
www.treasurelinx.com

Re: Fisher 553D & 555D Question

rwdmo
Keith Wills has some fisher heads as I sold him some about 3 months ago for some older detectors most for BH and fisher. rwdmo