Quantcast

PinPointer

SandMan
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: PinPointer

Rodog
Hi Sandman,

The coil on this security wand runs the length of the shaft unlike the pin-pointers designed for metal detecting that have a small tight coil at the end of the shaft.  I would think it would take longer to quickly locate a target in the hole with this unit as the signal could be coming from anywhere in the hole.   In other words if the target is located in the side of the hole you may end up digging deeper than necessary.   If it is in your pile of dirt outside of the hole the tip could quickly locate the target.

I have often thought that the antenna could be modified with some thin copper wire on these types of units changing it from a security wand to a pin-pointer.  May just be a cheap winter project.  By the way,  I don't have a pin-pointer yet, no, maybe, argh, darn, can't justify the high cost either.

Bill
Compass Gold Scanner Pro ,Coin Pro II, XP Pro Plus, Judge 6, / Tesoro Toltec II, Bandido II, Bandito II MM, Sidewinder, Amigo II, / Garrett GTA 1000 Ultra, Whites Eagle Spectrum.

Re: PinPointer

pinpointer
If you are looking for a cheap pinpointer to get you by, check out your local Harbour Freight tool store. They had a pinpointer for $20. It's not a Pro-Pointer......it is comparable to the Whites Bullseye. I wish they made a battery operated pinpointer with iron discrimination or at least dual tone. Sunray probes I guess are the next best thing.

Re: PinPointer

SandMan
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: PinPointer

Joe Ranger
Administrator
...Sandman....I agree with you about the Chinese....but think about it.....WHO IS GIVING THEM THE RIGHT TO EXPORT THEIR PRODUCTS TO US??...I think that a lot of Politics goes into this.....AND BASICALLY A LOT OF POLITICIANS HAVE SOLD THEIR SOULS FOR THE MONEY.......or the DEVIL...........JT
COMPASS: COIN MAGNUM, JUDGE1, JUDGE 2, XP-PRO, XP-350, RM1,RM6,RM7, MAGNUM 220, 240, 320, 420.... GARRETT: SIDEWINDER (BFO), original HUNTER (BFO), DEEPSEEKER, DEEPSEEKER ADS, ADS 7x, GROUNDHOG-FEATHERWEIGHT, GROUNDHOG ADS, GOLD HUNTER, AT4, GTP 1350, GTI 1500, ORIGINAL SEA HUNTER PULSE INDUCTION.....WILSON: RANGAR, GBD...MINELAB: SOVEREIGN ELITE, RELIC HAWK

Re: PinPointer

Joe Ranger
Administrator
....Another options ...is to go to one of the Big Classified Forums and put in a WTB ad for a used Pin-Pointer.... a used Garrett or Whites Pin-Pointer should be cheaper than a New one.......AS FOR ME ....i never used one....i am old school...i have learned how to pinpoint without one ....even if the detector does not have a pin point or an all metal mode..............JT
COMPASS: COIN MAGNUM, JUDGE1, JUDGE 2, XP-PRO, XP-350, RM1,RM6,RM7, MAGNUM 220, 240, 320, 420.... GARRETT: SIDEWINDER (BFO), original HUNTER (BFO), DEEPSEEKER, DEEPSEEKER ADS, ADS 7x, GROUNDHOG-FEATHERWEIGHT, GROUNDHOG ADS, GOLD HUNTER, AT4, GTP 1350, GTI 1500, ORIGINAL SEA HUNTER PULSE INDUCTION.....WILSON: RANGAR, GBD...MINELAB: SOVEREIGN ELITE, RELIC HAWK

Re: PinPointer

pinpointer
I can understand your thoughts on not buying Chinese made products. IF you can find a find a USA made product, made with USA parts you will be paying more. I stress the word IF, because the percentage of imported products is incredibly high.  For example domestic made vehicles have many foreign made parts.....in fact because of the Toyota Plants within the States, they provide more USA workers work than Ford. I heard about the man in Montana that is building a house made with all USA products, he had to get materials shipped from multiple States and some hardware actually custom made at a local machine shop. He spent a fortune on building this house. The Montana mans point was to provide work for USA workers. Is there a reason to choose a Canadian made pinpointer over a USA made one?? Does anyone know which pinpointers are actually made in the USA??  It might be better to buy a used USA pinpointer.
Moe

Re: PinPointer

Moe
CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: PinPointer

pinpointer
Sandman, hopefully I didn't offend you.....if so it wasn't my intentions. The Garrett Pro-Pointer is by far the most popular pinpointer. I had one, but I found that it would beep on any tiny shard of iron. Anyone know of a pinpointer that will only detect nonferrous metal?? Thanks
Moe

Re: PinPointer

Moe
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: PinPointer

SandMan
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Moe

Re: PinPointer

Moe
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: PinPointer

Rodog
Does anyone have experience with these two alternatives by Intex Systems Corp.?

Or

Bill

Compass Gold Scanner Pro ,Coin Pro II, XP Pro Plus, Judge 6, / Tesoro Toltec II, Bandido II, Bandito II MM, Sidewinder, Amigo II, / Garrett GTA 1000 Ultra, Whites Eagle Spectrum.

Re: PinPointer

Jeff (ca)
I have the CP-200 and love it! I use it mainly to hunt well manicured lawns where I don't want to do any damage. I actually have two of them, one for a backup. These work very well, and are very precise. They are not made for using in hard packed ground. A great tool for certain apps.
Jeff
Moe

Re: PinPointer

Moe
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: PinPointer

Rodog
Jeff,  Yes,  thanks for the useful info.  I have been considering one of these with the stainless tip.  Looks like it would be great hunting those tot lots,  especially after the sun goes down.

I love mine for what I use it for. If I recall, I paid around $140.   Jeff

Moe