Quantcast

Vintage detectors and oddballs

baydigger
This post was updated on .
Hello Bay Digger here,

All are on the evil bay.
Some of these people want BIG MONEY!

Here is an oddball Whites Surf Master Amphibian;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Whites-Sweet-Home-Oregon-USA-Underwater-Metal-Detector-/271172486200?pt=US_Metal_Detectors&hash=item3f2323c438

Here is a Garrett BFO;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Garrett-Electonics-Vintage-BFO-All-Purpose-Metal-Detector-/190812777965?pt=US_Metal_Detectors&hash=item2c6d53eded

Garrett Master Hunter A.D.S. Groundhog VLF/TR;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-The-Garrett-Master-Hunter-A-D-S-Groundhog-VLF-TR-Auto-Metal-Detector-/261187119639?pt=US_Metal_Detectors&hash=item3ccff72a17

Vintage 1960's Goldak Commander Jr Model 820 Metal Locator;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1960s-Goldak-Commander-Jr-Model-820-Metal-Locator-/350724009042?pt=US_Metal_Detectors&hash=item51a8c7ac52

Garrett deep scan TR coplaner coil;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Metal-Detector-/151012769428?pt=US_Metal_Detectors&hash=item23290ffe94

DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT TECHNA?
Smart Tracker XR8 Techna Inc Texas Vintage Treasure Finder;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Metal-Detector-Smart-Tracker-XR8-Techna-Inc-Texas-Vintage-Treasure-Finder-Works-/390560653154?pt=US_Metal_Detectors&hash=item5aef3a9f62

Vintage Teknetics 7500 Metal Detector;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Teknetics-7500-Metal-Detector-/281080676918?pt=US_Metal_Detectors&hash=item4171b6c236

Whites Trooper;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-WHITES-COINMASTER-2900-D-TROOPER-METAL-DETECTOR-VERY-NICE-/261186230511?pt=US_Metal_Detectors&hash=item3ccfe998ef

Bounty Hunter 840 Metal Detector VLF/ TR Discriminator
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Bounty-Hunter-840-Metal-Detector-VLF-TR-Discriminator-/281078924891?pt=US_Metal_Detectors&hash=item41719c065b
Happy Digging  **I'm the Bay Digger ** I dig San Francisco Bay

I use my Compass Yukon 77B pro, 12" Coil ** Whites IDX Pro, Black Max 9.5" Coil ** Whites CM 6000Di Ser 3,  8" & 12" Coils ** Fisher Gold Bug Original Los Banos, 5" X 10" Elliptical Coil ** Bullseye 1 & Bullseye ll ** Digging Tools & Extra Strength Tylenol!

Re: Vintage detectors and oddballs

Sven1
And there are people out there now that will pay it.........................
Your Portal to the Past
www.treasurelinx.com

Re: Vintage detectors and oddballs

Buddy Compass User
This post was updated on .
baydigger wrote
Hello Bay Digger here,

All are on the evil bay.

DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT TECHNA?
Smart Tracker XR8 Techna Inc Texas Vintage Treasure Finder;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Metal-Detector-Smart-Tracker-XR8-Techna-Inc-Texas-Vintage-Treasure-Finder-Works-/390560653154?pt=US_Metal_Detectors&hash=item5aef3a9f62
The Tracker series were built by First Texas.  Sold exclusively through mail order.  Fingerhut and the like.  Who would think that FT would some day own the rights of Bounty Hunter and Teknetics in 1990?
I didn't care much for the FT Bounty Hunter models as they were watered down as time progressed.

Re: Vintage detectors and oddballs

Leslie(nova scotia)
From the land of the Bluenose.....actually owned one of those old Garretts....man was it hard on the arm!

Re: Vintage detectors and oddballs

dixiedigger57
the c handles are not as bad as the U  handles but like leslie said a tad hard on the arms.  the compass scanners are easier surprisingly, but a lite s handle  sabre or straight stick amigo II is all day no problem.     the 840 is almost identical to the 900 mystery unit i sent Phase Shifter. it had a tek/bh label inside it.  only had one hit on another 900 and he found it in a estate sale attic- no manual.
have shovel-will dig  email dixiedigger57 @hotmail.com    Compass XP350, Whites MXT  5.3, 6x10 and 950 Eclipse Coils.  Tesoro Silver Sabre Plus,  ---Whites Bullseye Pinpointer.   and a bunch of digging stuff!

Re: Vintage detectors and oddballs

baydigger
Hello Bay Digger here,

BUDDY, that looks like the old style from that vintage.

Your cartoon tells the whole story, I've had some others that I should have done that with!